Friday, February 3, 2012

Gibraltar 2012 First Prize Playoff

It is 20 minutes to 2.00 am now.

At the moment Round 2 play off of Gibraltar 2012 is on going between sensational Hou Yifan and Nigel Short. GM Short just won the first play off. The playoff is to determine the first prize.

Yifan, the reigning Women's World Champion, is so sensational in this tournament. She beats GM Judit Polgar, the female all time best player in the 7th round. After that, she won against GM Le Quang Liem, another 2700-club players.

Well done to Hou Yifan. Her feat in the Gibraltar 2012, even if she lost in the playoff, should be inspirational to all the Malaysian women chess players including GiLoCatur's only daughter, Anis Fariha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.
Officially Licensed National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Glass Moose Mug - Set of 6

GiLoCatur said...

thank you for visiting my blog, Krista ...