Monday, November 3, 2008

Eighth Round Sarawak Chess Open

Round 8 Pairings

As per shown by the above pairings, Ian Udani was up againts NM Kamal Abdullah on board 1. They drew. So, they are among the leaders with 6 and 1/2 points. On board 2, FM Mok is having the winning edge. Provided no surprise news, he most surely join the leaders group.  On third board, NM Edward Lee is fighting againts Lim Zhou Ren. The winner will also join the leaders group. If they both draw, only three players have the highest score and will fight for the champion spot that offers RM 2,000.


Tbl 24: Fikri againts Toh Shen Nelson Kiu


Tbl 21: Irfan vs Awangku Kamarunsalehin (1/2-1/2)


Tbl 28: My opponent, Mark Song, is awaiting my move while I am taking pictures.

  My opponent is quite strong. He knows the basic openings and has smart moves. Our pieces were about equal, just I was down a pawn. We had a queen and both rooks as well as pawns. He offered a draw and I accepted it.

Irfan just gets down from the third floor and told me that he drew his game.


... 10:20 am, Restoran Wawasan 2000, Jln Bukit Mata Kuching ...

No comments: