- rapid chess of 25-minute time control (in USA it is known as G/25)
- is held only in one day (GiLoCatur : preferred duration for chess playing by most Malaysian chess players)
- has 7 SWISS rounds format
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
THREE national-rated chess tournaments in January 2011. WOW! What a treat for Malaysian chess players. What a start for Malaysian chess in the year 2011.
How do you want to measure and gauge your chess performance and improvement? Surely by participating and playing in rated chess events. What a feeling it will be when you can beat higher-rated opponent. GiLoCatur is a 1200-rated player. GiLoCatur would wonder, can he beats 1300-rated or 1400-rated opponents? GiLoCatur targets to achieve 1300 rating by the end of the year. Meanwhile, Fahim, GiLoCatur's youngets son, is currently rated 1172. The target for him is to achieve the 1300 mark also. How GiLoCatur and Fahim can do that if not participating in a rated tournament? Therefore, GiLoCatur and Fahim plan to participate in as many rated tournaments as possible in the year 2011.
The nationally-rated chess events:
1) 17ChessClub Open - Sunday, 9th January 2011 at DATCC, Wilayah Complex - click herefor its details
2) Kedah Chess Open - Saturday, 29th January 2011 in Sungai Petani - click here for its details
3) DATCC Renegade Rapid Chess Weekender - Sunday, 30th January 2011 at DATCC, Wilayah Complex - click here for its details
What are the above chess tourneys have in common?
SO, SEE YOU AT THE ABOVE CHESS EVENTS! Like GiLoCatur's chess buddy, Fauzi Ahim, always says "IF YOU DARE!" (in Malay .. "Ada berani??")