Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- Champion : RM2000.00
- Second : RM1500.00
- Third : RM1000.00
- Best Government Department : RM200.00
- Best University/College : RM200.00
- Best Bank/Financial Institution : RM200.00
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
- Ian Udani (6.0)
- Sumant Subramaniam (6.0)
- Faris Shafruddin (5.5)
- FM Anas Nazreen Bakri (5.5)
- IM Mas Hafizulhelmi (5.5)
- Gerald Soh Han Loong (5.5)
- Muhd Nabil Azman Hisham (5.5)
- Mohd Zambri Mohd Shariff (5.5)
- Norazman Ismail (5.5)
- Ahmad Fadzil Nayan (5.0)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
- 1st place : RM 1,500
- 2nd place : RM 1,000
- 3rd place : RM 700
- Rheitta (director) 013-2006847,
- Genga (2nd director) 012-9045391
- Rina (secretary) 012-5087379
Thursday, February 12, 2009
- M Hanif (5 Umar)
- M Anwar Zambri (5 Umar)
- Wan M Syakirin (5 Umar)
- W M Razif (5 Umar)
- Iylia Athira (5 Hamzah)
- Durrah Ain (5 Anas)
- Nurhusnina (4 Uthman)
- Sakinah (4 Umar)
- Fikri Bin Saleh (1 Anas)
- Wan Mohd Syafiq (3 Abu Bakar)
- M Fikri Mansor (3 Abu Bakar)
- Asyraf Hafizudin (2 Anas)
- Nurhaziqah Izan
- Nurul Alia Sham
- Nurul Aqilah
- Ana Syakirah
- Joshua (SMK Subang Utama)
- M Bukhari (SMK Seri Indah)
- Azwan Ansori (SMK Alam Megah 2)
- Ang Jian Yao (SMK USJ 12)
- Eng Pi Xern (SMK Seafield)
- Shahrul Amin (SMK Seksyen 24)
- M Razuqni M Razali (SMK Seksyen 7)
- Yong Bang Xian (SMK Taman Sri Muda)
- Teh Wee Zhun (SMK USJ 12)
- M Syafiq Aminudin (SAM TTAJ)
- Musfirah (SAM TTAJ)
- Choong Sy Yiing (SMK SubangUtama)
- Hazirah (SMK Seksyen 9)
- Atiya Najiyah (SMK Seksyen 19)
- Siti Hajar (SAM TTAJ)
- Nur Syuhada (SAM Bestari)
- Nur Asyiqin (SAM Bestari)
- Lim Wei Mund (SMK Seafield)
- Chim Ei Lynn (SMK USJ 8)
- Nurhusnina (SMK Seksyen 18)
- Low Jun Jian (SMK USJ 12)
- Fikri Bin Saleh (SMK Seksyen 18)
- M Iskandar (SMK Seksyen 19)
- Low Jun Keat (SMK USJ 12)
- Samuel Tan WK (SMK Subang Jaya)
- Ashman Raziuddin (SMK Bukit Jelutong)
- Tiam Wen Yong (SMK Subang Utama)
- Chen Chuin Hao (SMK Subang Utama)
- A Hafiz Amri (SMK TTDI Jaya)
- Samuel (SMK Subang Utama)
- Winnie Hong (SMK Bukit Jelutong)
- Vickie Hong (SMK Bukit Jelutong)
- Nur Fariha M Jamri (SAM Bestari)
- Nurul Adlina (SMK Seri Indah)
- Nur Amalina (SAM TTAJ)
- Nur Khairunnisa (SMK SSAAS)
- Nur Raidah (SMK Seri Indah)
- Nur Irsalina (SMK Bukit Jelutong)
- Amirah Fazira (SMK Bukit Jelutong)
- Nurul Atiqa (SAM Bestari)
- SMK USJ 12
- SMK Subang Utama
- SMK Seafield (A)
- SAM TTAJ
- SAM TTAJ
- SAM Bestari
- SMK SSAAS
- SMK USJ 8
- SMK Subang Utama (B)
- SMK USJ 12 (A)
- SAM Bestari
- SMK Bukit Jelutong
- SMK Bukit Jelutong
- SAM Bestari
- SMK Seri Indah
- SMK SSAAS
- There are few sibblings among the winners especially to represent the PP District - Low Jun Jian and Low Jun Keat (Boys 15), Winnie and Vicky Hong (Girls 15), and M Bukhari (Boys 18) and Nurul Adlina (Girls 15)
- SMK Bukit Jelutong has strong Under 15 teams while SAM TTAJ has strong Under 18 teams
- SMK Bukit Jelutong Girls 15 team is so dominant where all its team members are among the top 10 winners
- SMK SSAAS has strong Girls teams whereas SMK USJ 12 has strong Boys teams
- SAM Bestari has strong teams in all categories except Boys 18
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
- Di negeri Peraklah nenek moyang GiLoCatur bertapak bila berhijrah dari Sumatera iaitu di Sungai Balai, Bagan Datoh.
- Jasad-jasad sebahagian besar nenek moyang GiLoCatur bersemadi di bumi Perak - seperti Haji Hassan Basri bin Sulaiman (datuk sebelah ayah), Opah Ghaini Binti Djamin (nenek sebelah ayah) dan adik beliau Kasid Bin Djamin (datuk sebelah emak) dan moyang Langgi (datuk emak GiLoCatur).
- Kedua ibubapa GiLoCatur bernikah dan berkahwin di Perak sewaktu zaman Jepun.
- Moyang GiLoCatur (Djamin) pernah memiliki sederet kedai di Teluk Anson (Teluk Intan).
- Arwah ayahanda GiLoCatur (Haji Abdul Latif bin Haji Hassan Basri) bersekekolah di Teluk Intan dan Gunung Semanggol.
- Keluarga GiLoCatur memiliki sebuah rumah di Jalan Manggis, Teluk Intan.
- Ramai ahli keluarga GiLoCatur merupakan warga dan anak negeri Perak.
- Keluarga ayah mertua GiLoCatur juga berasal dari Perak, iaitu Selekoh, Bagan Datoh.
Monday, February 2, 2009
- Ramai yang bersetuju bahawa budaya sukan sememangnya terhakis di peringkat akar umbi i.e. sekolah.
- Masyarakat di negara ini lebih mementingkan bidang akademik dan membelakangkan bidang2 lain seperti sukan.
- Para ibubapa lebih menumpukan bidang akademik dan keputusan peperiksaan.
- GiLoCatur kurang bersetuju bahawa setiap orang perlu dipersalahkan terhakisnya budaya sukan.
All guilty of killing sports, says Mazlan
Sports supremo Datuk Wira Mazlan Ahmad strongly believes schools are not to be blamed when it comes to the lack of sports culture at the grassroots.
An adviser on sports to the Education Ministry and chairman of the Sports Advisory Panel, Mazlan insisted all parties should shoulder the blame for creating an academically driven society.
“I admit there are flip flops in the system. Everyone knows it. But it is unfair to simply blame the schools solely on this matter,” said Mazlan.
“The culture of turning fields into commercial and residential area started outside the schools over the years. Is that the Education Ministry’s fault?”
“Parents naturally are only interested in the academics. Can you blame them for thinking so? After all, which company will allow their employee time off for centralised training?”
Mazlan took a swipe at Malaysia society for its lack of interest in sport.
“Everyone is to be blamed for killing the sports culture. This is a fact, that is how it is in this country.”
Nevertheless, Mazlan pointed out that there have been initiatives taken by the relevant ministries over the years to help promote and develop sports in schools.
“We never had a school catering for athletes. Today we have the Bukit Jalil and Bandar Penawar Sports Schools with more to come.”
“There is also the emphasis of high performance sports involving seven various disciplines in schools. There are sports activities throughout the year especially during the school breaks, so it is unfair to simply say that sport is dead in schools.”
When pointed out that such tournaments only involved a handful of students while physical education is almost dead toward the end of the schooling term, Mazlan had this to say: “Of course any parent or student will choose education over sports especially when it is near a major examination. You can’t change things overnight and there is a bigger picture to it.
“Changes will only happen if every one of us are serious in making it happen.”
Being quite tired for the first round game, GiLoCatur succumbed to a defeat in second round to a young boy named Muhd Farid. In the third round, GiLoCatur won againts a secondary school student named Muhd Hafizuddin. But in the fourth round, GiLoCatur lost to another secondary school player named Saiful Reeza Latif. If not mistaken he is from Kolej Yayasan Melaka school.